Fall 2023 PR Internship
Breakaway Public Relations is an Austin-based boutique public relations firm that builds awareness and reputation for a wide range of consumer categories, with a focus on travel/tourism, hospitality, social impact, nonprofits, and arts and architecture. Expect to work on a variety of accounts, participate in campaigns and see the results from all of your efforts!
To be considered for this position, a candidate must:
- Be currently enrolled in a college, and pursuing a communications-related major: Public Relations, Journalism, Mass Communications, Advertising, Marketing, etc. or a recent graduate
- Work 2-3 days per week (approx 12 hrs/week) in the office and some remote. The internship is unpaid and offered for course credit. Graduates are eligible for an hourly pay rate. Breakaway will cover all related hard costs.
- Be available to attend client events
- Ideally, have one prior internship
- Junior/Senior level preferred
Dates: Late August – December 2023 and beyond if the candidate is invited to extend. If invited to extend their internship, interns will be compensated on an hourly rate to be determined.
Internship responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting in drafting and/or editing press materials including calendar listings, press releases, pitches and more
- Website content management
- Social media management and trend tracking
- Basic graphic design support
- Event coordination
- Reporting, including monthly and wrap reports as well as media monitoring & clipping of coverage
- Market research
- Online database management including updating media lists and organizing images
- Media relations
Ideal job skills:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including knowledge of AP Style
- Proficiency or experience in social media management on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc. (research/follow local businesses/individuals, regular posts to drive engagement, measurement and managing promotions/giveaways)
- Meticulous attention to detail — punctuation, spelling, grammar and content formatting
- Graphic design capabilities (InDesign, Photoshop, Canva)
- Video and/or photography skills
- Knowledge of WordPress website content management
- Takes ownership of new initiatives, eager to learn
- Works well with a team
- Highly organized, multi-tasking capabilities
Qualified applicants should send their resume, cover letter and writing sample by Monday, August 7 to email@example.com. Please include personal Instagram and/or LinkedIn handles.
Connect with us on social media!
Facebook Page: @breakawaypr